Vaping heroin or crack

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      nannyt
      Participant

I need some help , I think I’ve worked out how my son is using , without me detecting it . He had been vaping for a few weeks now , I’m almost certain he’s vaping heroin and crack indoors. Does anyone know if this is possible . He got up ate breakfast , went to his room , couple of minutes later I went to ask him something and he seemed out of it and sleepy like he’s just had a heroin hit . He had his vape in his hand and it suddenly dawned on me . Any advice or comments very much appreciated

danman83
      Participant

Ive not to sure about this. Would it not be easy for him just get a pipe out and have crack that way? And if hes on heroin.. if he is injecting. You wont able tell unless you look for needle marks on arms and legs or other places.

Did you not try and wake him up? Could he just not of been tired from his breaki?

nannyt
      Participant

He’s been checked for needle marks everywhere and none. He does smoke in a pipe when he’s out of the house crack and heroin. It was his eyes and his drowsiness this morning , I’ve seen him after a hit and that’s how he is . I know he’s been using of a night time indoors but couldn’t make out how as no paraphernalia anywhere. So I’m sure he’s doing it through his vape pen . Thanks for reply I’m sure I’ll get to the bottom of it eventually

nannyt
      Participant

I had to use a epi pen needle the other day as he was unresponsive when I came back to the house with very shallow breathing and so so pale , oh all such a worry

annaalt
      Participant

E-cigarettes heat nicotine (extracted from tobacco), flavorings, and other chemicals to create an aerosol that you inhale. Therefore, vaping requires certain restrictions on use. Check out more information on how you should properly vape so you don’t harm health

dunc-da-junkie
      Participant

Nobody is vaping heroin and crack. Why don’t you try talking to him? Open a decent line of communication. Try to have a bit of understanding. If you genuinely care about the person it should be far more important to you to not shut him out and actually listen. I’m in no way saying you should enable his drug use in any way, that is not what you want to be doing and can easily and very quickly become a messy situation. What is extremely important tho is to ensure he knows how much you care and that you are always there to support his recovery. Look up local groups, possibly suggest going along with him. Try your best not to get angry. All that will do is make him feel isolated in his pain. People going through addiction don’t ever feel good about it, but once it’s got it’s hooks into you it is so difficult to shake off. The thing is there will be times he will be managing things better, this is when you might be able to have rational discussions about recovery and make plans. There will also be times he’s not managing for whatever reason, it could be something small or it could be some serious long term issues. Generally speaking people with addiction issues also have mental health issues and very often have suffered some kind of trauma. If it is your son this can be difficult to talk about. So when he’s not managing, this is the difficult part where he will most likely lie, behave unreasonably and possibly appear not to care about anything other than serving his addiction. This will be painful and difficult for you, but please try to understand it is also painful and difficult for him. When the addiction takes over it is always the people closest who get hurt the most. He will not feel one bit good about this. Try to remember he is not just an addict but also a person. Try to remind yourself, and him if it’s safe to do so, of the person he was before the addiction took over. It is so easy to marginalise addicts, even when it is your own child. Try and remember, how ever messed up it becomes, that they are people with feelings too, and they are probably dealing with some very difficult issues. Again I’m not saying it’s ok, it’s very difficult to balance giving a loved one support without enabling negative behaviour and/or getting badly hurt yourself. Best of luck, I really hope you manage to get your son back in one piece. The war on drugs was lost a long time ago, these are victims of this disastrous situation created by the failed war on drugs.

I am extremely experienced in all things related to drugs illicit and otherwise, toxicology, addiction, mental health and harm reduction. If I can help with any insights or information and support of any kind please don’t hesitate to contact me. I have over 20 years experience in the field and I want so much to help anyone struggling with this terrible affliction.

Lots of love,

Dunc da Junkie

eddie123
      Participant

I am sorry to hear you are going through this.

There is an excellent charity that I know can support you – they have a remote family support group, and also provide free treatment for addicts struggling with addiction issues. To read more about them and receive the help please see link https://adaptoxford.org.uk/the-icarus-programme/

you can fill in the referral form on their website.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE