We both need help…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      rose59
      Participant

My husband of 39 years is now admitting that he is an alcoholic, not just someone who ‘drinks more than he should’. The last 4/5 years it’s escalated. He wants to stop but he’s had four admissions in the last year to A&E for acute alcohol withdrawal symptoms. He was kept in overnight last month and diagnosed with AF. We’ve since had 4 good weeks and it’s been a pleasure to have him back to normal, but he crashed 2 nights ago and we’ve had another trip to A&E today and it turns out all to have been due to drink, not withdrawal, because he’s admitted that he’s been drinking secretly and lied to me when I’ve asked him what he’s had. I’m at my wits end. I just want to help him but I don’t know how, I can’t keep calling 111 every time he has a crisis, we BOTH need long term support but I don’t know where to go.

icarus-trust
      Participant

Hi Rose,

Thanks for posting. What you are dealing with is hard and you’re right both you and your husband need help. i work for a charity called Icarus Trust. We have experienced and trained people we call Family Friends who you could talk with if you get in touch. Maybe talking to one of them would help you and they would be able to let you know what support we could give you both yourself and your husband.

You can contact Icarus Trust on help@icarustrust.org or visit our website http://www.icarustrust.org

Good luck.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE