What do I do?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      sunflower
      Participant

Please help, I don’t know where to turn. My son is 18 and I recently found out he has been taking MDMA, cocaine, ketamine and probably other stuff I don’t know about. I knew he had been suffering depression and have been with him to the Drs 3 times but he will not take his prescribed antidepressants. It reached a head when I was informed what he was doing and he sobbed on me saying how he had taken such a high dose of mdma the night before he could see his heart pounding out of his chest which had scared him. His dad went to the GP that week with him and he was given numbers for turning point. He did e mail them asking for help and he had his 1st appointment last Tuesday. He wouldn’t let me or his dad go with him, he said he didn’t want us to know how high his usage had been. Between him admitting what he had done and his 1st appt with turning point he would swear to me he would do it again and he would just go off saying he needed time to himself. Paid for him to come on holiday so he wasn’t tempted by drugs and so I could keep an eye on him. He was miserable for most of the week barely coming out of the hotel room. He went for his appt and he told me that the councillor told him he had used the highest dose of mdma she had come across and still be alive. She has referred him for heart and brain function tests and told him that because he had spoken to her about it the craving for mdma would be really bad for him as he had been taken back to when he had been taking regularly. He has been so moody all week, 1 minute he messages me saying he is scared he has damaged his heart and brain then the next minute he wants to use one more time. I tell him that 1 more time may kill you and it won’t be 1 more time. He is trying to find it who told me as he wants revenge and is working through his mates blaming them. They didn’t tell me, my best friend told me as she heard her daughter talking about how worried they were about him. I can’t tell him that though. I tell him the person who told me has probably saved his life but he doesn’t see it that way. He has gone to Scotland this weekend with his dad to a wedding. I thought I would have 3 night of him bring his dads responsibility and I would have 3 nights of being able to relax but last night he starts messaging me that he is done with everything, he isn’t responsible for anything that happens to him from now on etc. I try and support him but he says I don’t understand, I screen shot his messages and sent them to his dad who replied he was sat opposite him and it was probably alcohol talking. Me and his dad are divorced and I only reach out to him when I’m desperate so he doesn’t have this day in day out like I do. I’ve e mailed Turning point this morning hoping my email will reach his councillor who will know how to help him. I don’t know what to do, I feel I want to have him sectioned and get him back when he is better but I can’t do that I know. He is an adult so everything is confidential obviously. I feel broken and as if I’m almost preparing for his death. My sister committed suicide 16 years ago and I’m so frightened he will either do that or take that last dose that will kill him. Please help me, I have 2 daughters to keep going for

retroheadz
      Participant

Hi Sunflower, your situation is sadly very common. Your son has become very dependent on E that it feels uncomfortable without it. In my experience I have been in circles of people that have take unthinkable amounts on one hit over 15 years and they live to tell the tale. But! It’s a horrible and physiologically harming drug that can ruin lives and yes it feels like your chest is going to explode!!! The most important thing is he’s very young and in his prime to be refocused on recovery. Yes he’s had a tough time with it but make sure you insist on attending as many support groups as you can for him and with him as honesty is the only fix. Try to be as supportive as possible but don’t believe a word that come out of his mouth because he’s addicted and he’s young and as we all know when kids mouths are open they lie!! ????????‍♂️ Seriously, he’s going to try every trick in the book so make sure you have your eyes open and prepare for letdown. It can be turned around and if you have a strong family unit you won’t fail. This is a blip in his life and it happens 1000s of times a year and people recover. Please be strong.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE