what more can i do?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      worriedmum
      Participant

My son is 23 and I’m worried sick about him. He has been on a slippery slope since he was about 15. To cut a long story short he is now on cocaine, weed and drink and I don’t know what to do. He won’t seek help and he lies to me so much I don’t know what’s truth and what’s not. He does not live at home as I can no longer cope with his lies, moods, lifestyle as I have other children to think of. He has not worked for about 2/3 years. He has 3 children,different mums but doesn’t pay for them. He has run up debts with drug dealers and I dread to think what else he owes. He canbe such a lovely man but he is going to end up dead, in prison or in the gutter. People tell me I need to have nothing to do with him to make him realise I’m not going to be there to pick up the pieces but I’m scared in case anything happened, I wouldn’t be able to live with myself. I can’t let him go on doing this to me, having a knock on effect to my family. I don’t want him to do it to himself, I want him to realise he is only going to get worse but he doesn’t think he has that much of a problem, I don’t know where to turn.

amandaa
      Participant

My son is 22 and ive had a living hell for 7 years. I am trying very hard to say no but its not easy. DrugFam have been amazing and it really does help. At the moment i am wrestling with my own battle of wills. Its tough. Talk to DrugFam, they listen and support you x

worriedmum
      Participant

Thank you. Unfortunatelyhe tried to take his own life this week. He’s OK but still doing drugs/drink! I’m so scared.

amandaa
      Participant

I was/am scared that if I don’t help my son something bad will happen. But the reality is I can’t change him anymore than u can change urs. It’s life changing daily and nobody really understands unless Uve been through similar. I’ve had younger kids on half term so been hard to get to drug fan meetings and I feel myself slipping again. It really does help.xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE