What next?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      aimiee
      Participant

Hi, I would really like some advice if anyone has any?
      My mum is an alcoholic, she has been for 2-3 years now.
      It peeked last Christmas, and a few months later ended up in hospital with serve confusion and liver damage. She had poisoned her brain as her liver wasnt functioning properly. She was in hospital for about a month, and came out ‘sober’. She then stayed sober for nearly 6months, with the help of her new partner, until about a month back.
      Where she got more independence with walking etc, she was trusted to go into shops on her own. (She has MS too, so the abuse she put on her body, took her a long time to recover with walking and everyday tasks)
      She now is at the point where she is drinking ALOT of wine, she is violent to her partner, wont talk to me/or my brother, or on the occasion she will, wont admit to the drinking even though the empty ‘bags’ of wine are next to her, and just shouts f’ing and blinding at us for even approaching the subject.
      She is also threating suicide.
      We have no idea where to go from here, she wont admit it, so she wont/cant get help until she wants it. She wont go to the GP, and ‘doesnt care what happens to her’.
      Cant we section, is that the way to go?
      We would really like some advice on our options, or just a reassurance from anyone who has been though the same as us?
      Sorry for the long story 🙁

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE