When is enough, enough?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      browneyedgrl0970
      Participant

When I married my husband 5 years ago, I knew he had a history of opioid addiction, but he was in a much better place in his life and I didn’t understand the extent of his addiction. He was sober when we met and while we dated. I regret not digging deeper into his past and asking the right questions.

My husband relapsed shortly after we got married and has struggled with his sobriety since. Our marriage has suffered greatly and I feel myself drift farther and farther away from him. I do not trust him, we’re not intimate anymore or emotionally connected, and I’ve been financially supporting our family for the last year and a half. We had a baby 7 months ago, which has made things even harder.

Our son and dog keep me going and give me hope, but I often feel so sad and lonely. I can’t speak to our friends or family, nor would they understand.

I want to believe that my husband will get better and we’ll be able to work through this, but part of me is tired of waiting. I feel like I deserve better, our family deserves better.

When do you decide you’ve had enough and it’s time to move on?

themidgetgem
      Participant

My husband has a cocaine addiction. I left him 2 years ago due to having enough I cheated on him no excuse I know but he was not there for me when my brother killed himself I felt I had to deal with all on my own because he was too busy taking cocaine . I left for 1 year then moved back as my teenage kids said he had destroyed the house and was just sleeping all day . I went home he has since asked me to leave every time he’s in a mood . We have sex sometimes he’s nice to me and I feel like our marriage is getting better other days he tells me I’m a flag he never wants to get back with me. He wants a divorce . Then he flips it coming onto me begging for sex and affection it’s like mind games. He’s been adding young girls on Facebook , only fans girls on Facebook messaging girls saying how gorgeous they are . I even found messages to say he’s tried it on with our neighbour for sex when they was both taking cocaine together. Is this normal behaviour for a cocaine addict ?? The man I knew would never do things like that I just thought he was trying to get revenge for my infidelity. Recently he tried kicking me out the house I had to phone the police and get a non molestation order and occupation order . Am I a bad person for doing this ? I’ve been told he has to hit rock bottom before he gets help ? I’m just worried now that he is going to hate me forever and never get our marriage back . I love him so much I’m heartbroken

When do we walk away , my husband says he’s single and can do what he wants . It’s awful to see the one you love destroy himself

browneyedgrl0970
        Participant

Thank you for sharing your story with me. I am so sorry for what you’re going through. I know it’s got to be especially difficult for your children too. Why have you stayed with him? Do you believe you can change him? Have you stayed with him for your kids?

themidgetgem
      Participant

I stayed because I love him , I’ve been with him for 23 years . I did think I could save him but now I don’t think I can he dosent even think he’s got a problem . My kids now don’t like the man he is he’s unrecognisable

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE