Wilf

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      wilf
      Participant

At a loss what to do. Son in his 30s lives with me. Keeps telling me he is not taking drugs anymore then I find out he is lying. I have helped financially in the past but not anymore. Its draining me emotionally and physically,feel so ashamed. He tries help once then says he is sorted

shithappens
      Participant

Do not feel ashamed, easy to say but shame will eat away your “health”. You’re fighting the addiction and obviously it will drain you emotionally and physically. It’s in the nature that addicts lie.

If you ask no questions, you’ll hear no lies.

If you stop yourself from fighting the addiction for your son, leave that to him, and start fighting to regain some sort of serenity in you day or hour not thinking of his addiction, you’ll begin to recharge.

Let go.. let God slogan for me meant,,,,, god help me,,, god help my son/daughter.

It’s not easy seeing son or daughters suffer but all us parents begin neglecting our own health.. overcome your shame talk to other mothers and you’ll be shocked at how many there are around you and a burden lifts off your shoulders and a weird sense of clarity begins.

Sending a hug ???? as one parent to another..

terryd
      Participant

My prayers are with you. Remember its a choice. They make the choice to use drugs only they can decide when its enough. They need to feel the consequences of their actions.

I was adviced to let go and let God. I am also going to alanon zoom meetings to take care of me.

eddie123
      Participant

Hi there, this sounds like a very difficult situation for you and I am sorry. I know of a great charity that supports people like yourselves nationwide. The family support programme is all remote and they help many families a year. Please see link and fill in the referral and someone will endeavour to respond within 24 hours. https://adaptoxford.org.uk/the-icarus-programme/

They also provide free treatment for those seeking help from addiction, however as as a family member wanting support I would deff get in touch with them.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE