Alcoholic dad

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      nxcky
      Participant

not really sure if I’m here for advice or just to vent, but figured either wouldn’t hurt.

my dad has been an alcoholic for as long as I remember. My mom said she used to keep us away from it when we were little but now I’m renting my parent’s second property and my dad comes over 3-4 times a week and all he does is drink from the first thing in the morning until he passes out. He’s not a mean drunk, but he becomes a completely different person and stumbles around rambling about nothing.

I try my best to ignore it but I always get upset or mad whenever I hear him opening beer after beer until the whole case is gone. I know he had a pretty messed up childhood so it’s definitely some type of coping mechanism. He also works hard and has given up a lot so me and my siblings could be successful in life, so in a way I feel bad for getting so frustrated.

He only ever drinks when he’s ‘visiting’ me and never gets like that anywhere else. It’s like this place is his get away to drink himself to death and I’m the only one who sees it so I feel like I’m alone and have completely different thoughts about it than the rest of my family. I just really wish he would stop coming here so I don’t have to get so stressed and angry about it.

kazzak66
      Participant

Hi Nxcky

Sorry to hear about your situation. I have a 26 year old son who drinks vodka everyday gets totally paralletic starts abusing me and than falls asleep and wets himself. He doesn’t live with me and I am worried sick he is going.to die. I as his mum can’t handle seeing him like it and feel guilty that I just don’t.want to be part of it anymore. I feel like I am living an abusive life but he won’t stop and I don’t.know what else I can do to make him see.the damage he is doing to himself

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE