Alcoholic husband in denial

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      helen300
      Participant

I’m new here but desperately need to know I’m not alone. My husband is wonderful when sober, but right now that’s not often. He drinks then says I’m crazy and controlling. I have to do everything In the house, and he forgot my birthday last week, then says I’m mental for getting upset about things. I cry most nights. I don’t know what to do anymore . Any support appreciated

icarus-trust
      Participant

Hi Helen,

You definitely are not alone and clearly you could do with some support for yourself as what you are dealing with is so very hard.

Please contact The Icarus Trust which is the charity I work for. We are there to support people going through what you are and we have very experienced people who you could talk with and may be that would help. They also would be able to let you know what other help is available for you in your local area.

Please contact Icarus Trust on help@icarustrust.org or visit our website http://www.icarustrust.org

Good luck.

hox
      Participant

My sister is an alcoholic. She used to tell me that her husband was abusive and controlling and thats why she would drink. I now know that it was the other way round since she started her antics with me. She is manipulative, controlling and abusive when under the influence. Luckily for us she now goes to AA and a drink hasn’t passed her lips for weeks now. We live in hope and it has been a tough time for us.

I wish you well.

emzi1979
      Participant

You are not alone, I have 2 children and been in a relationship for 15 years with an alcoholic. He has had a few years now and then of being sober but the same pattern returns. Your not crazy or mental, they make you feel that way because it’s a way to justify their own behaviour. Plan things with friends/family and your children so you have things to look forward too. Do some mediation maybe to relax you in the evenings. I hope it gets better or you find some peace. I hope the same for myself too x

helen300
      Participant

Thanks . It’s very heartbreaking when they say they’ll change then they buy another bottle. Heartbreaking is actually an understatement. It’s comforting to know other people are going through the same

frustrated
      Participant

This is awful to feel this way, hard as it is. They do cate about you somewhere but unfortunately the substance overpowers that.

What I wouldn’t give for the things we had. .. I know how you feel ❤

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE