Both addicted to cocaine

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      me123
      Participant

I need to air this and get help. Me and my partner are in a circle of friends where casual cocaine use is normalised his friends and my friends have it out I think they are all addicted, no one can just go for a few drinks. I get a little worse once I’ve had one I find it hard to stop. I’ve got to a point where I’ve missed work. Once I missed work so I could use cocaine at home on the day. I want to stop and then at weekends I’ll be in a different frame of mind, I’m more positive and I think it will be ok. It’s burning through my money I have loads of high interest loans. I’m really down. I tried to delete the drug dealers number but my stupid brain remembers it. I look disgusting, I used to be pretty and I just have bad skin and look weird now. I need help to stop, I have a weak personality. Where do I start?

SoberSW28
      Participant

Search Cocaine Anonymous UK. They have a helpline that you can call.

Recognition is the first step. Good luck!

Gaddict
      Participant

Dear friend,

It sounds like the cocaine use has become a worrying problem for you and is impacting multiple areas of your life. You deserve compassion and support as you seek to make positive changes. Here are some tips:

1) Speak to your partner. Explain how serious this has become for you and ask for their support in quitting. Having them commit to quitting with you could be very helpful.

2) Avoid the social situations that trigger your cocaine use for now. Say no to invites that involve drugs.

3) Seek professional support. The website http://www.findrehab.co.uk has a directory of addiction treatment programs and rehab centers in the UK. Rehab can provide medical detox, therapy, life skills training and ongoing support to quit for good.

4) Talk to your doctor. They can assist you in safely tapering use and provide medical and psychological support. Be honest about your usage levels.

5) Focus on your “why”. You mentioned wanting to feel pretty again, save money and improve your health. Remind yourself of these core motivations whenever a craving strikes.

6) Find new coping strategies. Exercise, meditation, journaling and nurturing hobbies can help rewire your brain away from drug use.

7) Take it one day at a time. Don’t get overwhelmed – just focus on getting through today drug-free, then do the same tomorrow.

You have the power within you to make this change. Reach out for support, be kind to yourself and take practical steps forward. I wish you strength and courage on your journey towards a healthier, happier life. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Wishing you all the very best.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE