Clueless on what to do

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      daisy0601
      Participant

I am looking for advice.

I have been with my partner 10 years.

Since I’ve known him I’ve always known he’s liked a drink however since we have lived together his alcohol consumption has massively increased. It got to the point where he was drinking every night. I discussed this with him and he would make promises about cutting down. At the minute he can commit to maybe 1 or 2 days without alcohol. He gets verbally hostile when he’s had too much and blames this on me saying I get on at him. I’ve tried to explain that I just want him to look after himself. Some days he will say I’ll have a drink tonight and then not tomorrow then tomorrow comes and he will have a drink. I approach this with him and he says it doesn’t affect me so why should it matter. Thing is it does affect me because he can become bloody nasty but again he says this is my fault. We have a baby on the way and I’ve told him there is no way he will look after our baby if he’s had too much to drink but he says he will cut down when the baby arrives but I know it’s not that’s simple.

Basically I am clueless. I’m getting increasingly stressed and don’t know what to do.

babs45
      Participant

Hi. I just read your post and didn’t want to just skip on. It sounds like you are in a bad place with your partner. I hope he wakes up and realises especially with a baby on the way. That’s what made me comment. It must be incredibly hard to even consider leaving him when pregnant but imagine the stress of him being like he is now once the baby comes? Maybe start planning for a future without him or get some further advice from the Icarus Trust I think it’s called. I hope things get better for you and that this forum has helped you as much as it has me. Just knowing other people are going through the same is both sad but also makes me feel less alone and just a little bit stronger every day. Take care of yourself and the baby x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE