Cross dressing and cocaine

4 replies

Cross dressing and cocaine

My partner is 20 days into recovery from a cocaine addiction. I recently found out he was cross dressing and he is claiming the drugs made him do it? Is this possible it could be related because my brain is telling me that this I’d perhaps not and he is just using the drugs as an excuse.

• JAM1988
    Participant

Sorry that’s meant to say… my brain is telling me that this is not the case and he is using the drugs as an excuse

• elbandida
    Participant

A lot of people who take euphoric drugs tend to be able to feel there most exaggerated self or have the most confidence to do what can’t be done.
    A lot of things are done when on drugs as it’s as it’s a time of shame, once your partner can move past the shame and take accountability and get passed using the drugs as the reason there’s room for understanding.
    Sorry your having to deal with this, this about him not you x

• JAM1988
    Participant

So do you think maybe it is related and without the substance use he may not feel the desire to cross dress? I am so confused by this.

• ceelen
    Participant

I had a similar experience. My (heterosexual) ex used to frequently use forums like Grindr, and it is very likely he used to use it for hook-ups, but when ‘caught out’ or questioned, would blame the coke. My theory is that that is a side of him that he was deeply ashamed of and the cocaine allowed for the freedom of self. I think cocaine allows and justifies the desire, but doesn’t create something that isn’t there already.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.