Feel like an idiot.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      anon2095
      Participant

Just joined the thread and am so moved by all of the stories I’ve read. How far people are willing to go for the love of partners / friends / relatives with addiction is incredible. Also makes me feel like I can’t comment on stories because mine isn’t as severe, but I still feel like an idiot.

I’ve been with my partner for 5 years and from the get go he’s been very honest about his mental health and substance abuse issues (mostly alcohol / cocaine related). He recently confessed that since lockdown began he’s become hooked on benzos, we just came back from an appointment so hopefully he’ll be off them soon.

I feel like an idiot for thinking he could enjoy any substance ‘sensibly’ with me, and that I could fix him. I also feel like an idiot for not sticking to my boundaries – my one rule (with everything, especially drugs) is honesty and he broke it, but I’m not sure I want to break up with him.

Does this make me weak? I think if I were seeing this from the outside (as I felt reading many other women’s threads) I would scream RUN! but instead I feel lost and confused. And really fucking tired.

I wish anyone reading this many many happinesses, I don’t think we’re here for nice reasons and I would be incredibly grateful for support.

coco1212
      Participant

I know exactly how your feeling as I am feeling the same thing. My, i will say ex I don’t class him as my boyfriend now but to be honest i don’t know what we are anymore of almost 20 years took on a crack habit 17 months ago and I have never felt so hurt,angry and betrayed in all my life. I don’t know what to do on one hand I want to try and help him get off it on the other i want to wash my hands of him. Want complicates things for us is we have children and now other people are involved and I feel suffocated by it all. Like I’m being punished.

shazshaz
      Participant

My daughter also has problems with benzos they send her round the twist, she will hurt someone on them one day she is unable to control herself on them.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE