He almost died today

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      anelson1983
      Participant

Less than a year ago I married a man who has dealt with addiction his entire life. He claimed 17 years clean off hard drugs and 3 years clean off pills. Pills seemed to be the issue when it came to him relapsing.

Yesterday morning I found him unconscious and not breathing on the kitchen floor. He was pale, his lips and finger nails were blue. He had vomit coming from his mouth. I immediately knew this was an overdose but had no idea that he had been using. I called for paramedics and immediately began CPR/chest compressions. The paramedics told me the only reason he is alive was because of the CPR.

He is currently still in the hospital and has pneumonia because he inhaled his vomit during CPR. He admitted to me that he has been using oxy and other opioids for about 2 months. I am so sick over this.

I guess I mostly came here to vent. Maybe read some stories similar to mine. Find others experiencing the same thing? Support? I’m not sure. I’m lost.

I have ordered some drug tests for when he comes home so I can randomly test him. I added GPS to our phones. I am going to take over the bank account – he doesn’t know that yet but it’s what needs to happen. One of the worst parts is that it is his sister that was supplying him. I told him she’s no longer welcome around our home and he cannot be around her as I do not want him tempted. He of course defended her and told me I need to act like an adult around her and that he can’t cut her off bc it’s his sister. Clearly once he is home we will need to talk more about that because this relationship with her cannot continue.

I have no trust in him. Zero. I don’t know how to repair this.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE