In recovery

3 replies

In recovery

My husband has done really well and has been in recovery now since January 1st. He has his addiction group, but they didn’t really prepare him for the mental health aspect of withdrawal and feelings. He considered drinking this weekend to try and help with the feelings but he did really well and decided not to.
can anyone recommend any advice websites for this? He was an alcoholic for 7 years.

• Lozzy80
    Participant

That’s great doodlemum …recovery is a long road but can be possible have all fingers crossed for your husband

Smart recovery has local and  online meetings for both recovering addicts and a friend and family meeting too …I went to a couple online for the f&f I found they were of some help, we discussed things like setting boundaries, what’s in our control v not in our control and how to deal with lapses

• concernedmum
    Participant

Forgive me please if I’m doing this all wrong but I’ve just joined and don’t understand how the site works.  Id love to talk to others going through the same thing as me – thank you

• EllieMae12
    Participant

I am also new to this site.  I think the idea is that we just share stories and feelings on here.  Are you a mum of someone with a problem as I am?  I think all we can do is give moral support, it helps a bit to feel you are not so alone.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.