Mental Health Nurse

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      swifty
      Participant

I have been a Mental Health Nurse , for over 25 years, so know the best thing to do when one is confronted with an addict, is to cross the road, but why is it so hard when it is a relative or close friend and why does common sense go out of the window. My youngest son, was an amazing boy, clever, handsome, intelligent and popular, but more important kind and caring, I was a permissive, understanding Mother, who spoke to my children about every subject imaginable form a very young age, my oldest son was always very non judgemental of others, but my youngest, ambitious and driven, never had any time for addicts of any kind. My sons have never seen drugs used in our home, or by any family members. My youngest son, now aged 27, has a problem with Crystal Meth, I believe at one stage, he was using £500 a week of this disgusting, filthy drug, he was being enabled, by his drug dealer boyfriend, I dont blame the boyfriend, for his addiction, he has chosen this life, as a result of this drug, he now has Hepatitis B and is HIV positive, because lets face it, when you are off your head, you dont think about safe sex. What hurts me more than anything is his arrogance and how he has become cruel, controlling and so ignorant and thoughtless, I know this is the drugs and not the real him, but he was such a gentle, well mannered, thoughtful individual, up to about five years ago. I feel so angry, mainly because I see children who have been dragged up and been given nothing, who have grown into lovely, stable adults and a young man, who has always had support acts in this way. I have enabled people before, always been a soft touch and have spent thousands on my kids education, no more. Pleased to meet you all, I will light a candle for all of you x

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE