my brother and mother its insane

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      marebear36
      Participant

family a mess

I am an addict my brother also is mom probably in some ways not the harder stuff. My brother does nothing to help the household. I care for both parents full time they are 78 Dad is completely bed bound diapers and all. My mother gives him my brother money Every Day first thing in the am and throughout the day to go and get his ( hard Stuff) stuff. I use too unfortunately try not to a lot but fail a lot. If I ask her to give me money if I don’t have it she throws a fit and is just mean as heck, With him its just given softly gently and almost on schedule Literally and seriously. I help them mostly because I want to but when I ask for things and get screamed at it really messes me up even worse …. i hope someone understands and that this make since. I have been in and out of recovery over the years had some really good time in fact before my daughter passed, but since living here now knowing the situation I just briefly described, no I have not pulled more than a few weeks at a time together. I could use whatever yall have to say. Im thick skinned so don’t hold back, lol. Am I wrong for watching him do nothing and get money you use all day from her, for being upset pretty often and trying to get her to see how crazy it is. She really need me to help with dad and now help her too I feel so stuck and alone in all of this with them. I am blessed in being able to be here but if I’m falling in the midst of all the craziness I’m not all that much help at times. Thanks for being here

lindyloo
      Participant

Hi Marebear,

Welcome to the forum, I was so sorry to read your story, you really have a lot to cope with just now.

Unfortunately I don’t have all the answers but I wanted you to know that I was thinking of you.

Have you read the adfam home page? There’s some little podcasts giving you some strategies to help you cope. The Icarus trust also posts here too, you can check out their Website.

I have a son with addictions and have looked after an elderly relative with health needs in the past, so I know things can overwhelm you.

In the meantime, please look after your own health and well-being first and foremost, it well help you to cope better. I really hope you get the help and support you need.

Take care , keep posting here❤

Lx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE