My Girlfriend and Heroin

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      hodgy7
      Participant

Hi Everyone

I have came here to see if I can pick up any help,tips or anything really.

The story is my girlfriend is a heroin addict.I didn’t know she was untill afew months ago(always had a suspicion though) She is getting help and taking suboxone( for what use it does) she has been “getting help” for about 3 months now but she only gets seen at the drug center once a month where they do a urine test and she is in and out in 20 mins.

She has relapsed afew times. This weekend being one of the times. But she won’t admit it.

I’m just stuck on how I can help. I am being supportive and not pushing her into anything.

She lies constantly

Dissapeers for 2 hours when she goes to the shop which is 5 mins away.

Has strange phonecalls hides her texts

Has no enthusiasm for anything

(I have tried to take her out places to take her mind off things and to enjoy life but she would rather stay in bed on my days off)

I don’t trust anything she says any more.

I could catch her smoking it and she would deni it

She won’t talk about anything to me or her parents it was her mother that got her to go to seek help after I told her what had been going on.

She is usualy awake all night eating loads of sweets and ice Lollys drinks gallons of milk falls asleep at 4am ish then when she is supposed to be working(from home) she is going to sleep for hours.

She has spent the last 2 days in bed I came back from work today and she hasn’t even moved out of bed. She hasn’t touched her phone or drank the milk I took in for her before leaving.

I’m just stuck I think. Part of me says walk away

But 80% won’t let me quit on her

She is a great girl I knew her years ago when I was 17 I’m 36 now and she is 37. About 15 years ago she got mixed up with a heroin adict and I guess it never went away.

Sorry for the rant I’m just clutching for some sort of something I don’t actually even know what ????

Thanks for reading ????

esta
      Participant

My advice would be to walk away

I hate to say it but no matter how much support you give her; addiction is bigger than anything you have to offer

If you leave and she sorts herself out that’s great; but in reality you will spend years being her financial and emotional punchbag until you are drained and your relationship implodes

Live your life

Don’t feel guilty the addiction was there before you and it will unfortunately be there for life

The lies

The disappearing

It’s all so text book and so distressing

The rant is what we all have done looking for answers In The chaos searching for the truth and that my friend you will never find out no matter how much you cry beg or dig

You will just drive yourself mad

You don’t have anything to prove but you definitely deserve to be happy and live a calm and honest life xx

hodgy7
      Participant

Thank you for your reply. What you say does make alot of sense. I am about at the end of my tether with her. And so are her parents she is just selfish and doesn’t seem to care about anyones feelings. She stays at her parents house and they are considering kicking her out but her mother knows she will just end up in the gutter or in a drug den.

The only “friends” she has are addicts and I don’t think she can break away from that life.

I suppose it’s nothing other people here haven’t been through.

Tonight. She dissapered for 3 hours. I rang her and she text saying her phone won’t let her answer. I mean if you are going to lie at least make it believable ????. She came back and went straight back to sleep so she has been up 3 hours all day today. But still won’t admit she has used any drugs.

I am about ready to walk away. I will be devastated but I guess sometimes you just have to let go.

Thanks

esta
      Participant

I

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE