The pain of watching my son deteriorate is crippling.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      roddersb
      Participant

My 17 year old son started taking cannabis at 13 and since then has developed a 2gm a day habit topped up with MCat and cocaine. He did have a job for a while but has lost that through not being able to function on a daily basis. He sofa surfs and does not stay with me anymore because he can be violent and I have younger children. We have had drugs workers, mental health professionals and other related professionals involved but things have just got worse and worse. He doesn’t wash or change his clothes and will steal money at any opportunity.

I feel so helpless as he is so self destructive……he has stab wounds and slashes on his body and arms where he has got into trouble with dealers and he has turned up covered in someone else’s blood on one occasion.

Will thus ever get better?

cant-take-no-more
      Participant

Hi hummi, we know how hard it is, and you are not alone….I feel the pain in every post I read and it makes it all the more real, that we share something in common…..our brothers, sisters, sons daughters, partner, parents are living in a hellish addiction and only they can get out of it with support and help…and even then they need to want it….recovery is ongoing and there is no short cuts…..and there are plenty of addicts who relapse….and then get back on it…..it can be done, however they will know when the time is right…..it breaks my heart to see so many families going through this nightmare…… Hugs Hunni, and stay strong xxx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE