Urine drug test

24 replies

Urine drug test

I been testing my partner for 3 weeks now and the test are coming back negative. I just wanted to ask some advice can the urine test be cheated?

He does the test when with me so I don’t know if I’m just paranoid now but I heard people flush there bodies couple hours before with different things eg water, baking soda etc

Any advice just this situation I’m in as made me so upset and paranoid as my husband was never like this until he got in with a bad crowd at work.

Thanks

• mrunknownlad
    Participant

No a test can’t be cheated from what I’m aware, have you seen him take drugs or high? I’m addicted to coke so if you wanna ask any Questions of what a cold head is like, fire away my pleasure

• rologirl21
      Participant

How long did it take you to become addicted and what was your reason for starting? Does it make you feel good or bad? As I hear it’s good at first but then it messes with the mind eg anger, paranoia etc

I don’t get why people do it ? Obviously there’s a reason or people wouldn’t:/

• dot
    Participant

Ive just stopped myself. With urine tests you need to do it every 3 days. Also make sure you get the ones with temperature strip on…

• dot
    Participant

And you can cheat it with saline hence why I said get temperature strip. If it isnt near body temperature it certainly hasn’t come out of him

• rologirl21
    Participant

Hi thanks for your replies?

Which test would they be?

• kklost
    Participant

I want to get my husband to test and prove he’s clean.

How long does it take to show a negative? I think he’s been clean 4 days

• dot
      Participant

It can take 3 to 5 days. I’ve past tests after 3 usually hence why I recommend testing every 3 days. Sunday is always a day I would of got caught as I would of been out friday saturday and Thursday as I used to always crave a mid week coke binge.

• ash2013
    Participant

I guess if you dont actually see them pee then they could cheat it.

The urine tests I got my husband to do I believe the results, I have seen both positive and negative. So when I had a feeling he was back using, but he told me he wasnt (a while ago) to satisfy my own mind I dip tested him in secret when he hadn’t flushed the loo! I’m 99% right with gut instinct.

When he stopped after using heavily for months and months, it did take about 2 weeks for it to be negative, Coke stays in your system if used as a one off for about 2-3 days. If you are consistently using it for months and months, and using a lot, it will take longer.

Kklost, I wouldn’t expect a clean result yet if your partner spent £4k on it since Dec, after 4 days clean.

x

• kklost
    Participant

Thanks Ash. In a way I hope it is positive at first, so then when I see a negative I am sure.

Is that even making sense! Thanks so much for the info

• ash2013
      Participant

Total sense Kk! You can put the flags out when its negative after being positive for a while.

Take care 🙂 x

• ash2013
    Participant

I know these tests are reliable https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cocaine-Drug-Urine-Screening-Testing/dp/B00I04LV2O

There are some on amazon called one-step and I’ve not had a great experience with them, they gave a false positive once, and I tested on myself and also got positive, and I dont touch the stuff! So the ones above are the ones I use 🙂

• rologirl21
      Participant

Yeah i have these and I make him do salvia one too

I don’t think mine doing it tbh now as I been tracking him (his choice) and testing every 3 days.

I think he wanted to stop before it got addictive and he knew I would not put up with it x

• kklost
    Participant

I’ll let you know. I will get hands on tests tomorrow night. But nervous.

• kklost
    Participant

It won’t let me open that link

• dot
    Participant

Sorry for being late with reply.

The reason I started what I’ve realised is a combination of things.

Diagnosed at the age of 9 with ADHD. When I was 17 I had my tablets taken off me. It’s a good read if you have a look at ADHd cocaine and Ritalin similarities.

I wasnt weaned off them and went straight into cocaine a few months later.

That is my first reason. The second I was always in high pressure sales jobs. Car sales etc. It was a release from the pressure and made me feel good at first. Then it just spiralled and it’s been 10 years until 16 days ago I’ve been on it.

It has took money, jobs also caused me to tell lies and lose friends. It has consumed everything apart from my kids.

I am not prepared to lose my kids I’ve made that conscious and I suppose sub conscious choice that I will not use again. I’m putting support in place as well and have deleted alot of “friends” they wasnt friends they was drug companions/users a bit like I was…

And my final reason is I was selfish. I chose drugs over everything. When your in the midst of addiction though you aren’t the same. My heads clearing up slot but I reckon it has affected my brain but only time will tell.

I’ve been diagnosed as ADHD as an adult now 4 months back. I rang my ADHD worker asking if I can engage in mental heal services maybe CBT and she was like you have your tablets you should be feeling better…. that’s south Yorkshire mental health services for you. But yeah

With the drug tests like I said get the ones with the temperature strip on it

• kklost
    Participant

DOT thank you so much for such an honest reply. I really appreciate it so much.

I am so glad you haven’t lost your kids! They can’t be lost, you can’t. We are so lucky to have children.

How about their mother?

I will check tests I’ve ordered, if not right ones I’ll get others. I will buy whatever I need too.

My husband has said Sunday’s were his worst day – I used to work 12 hour shifts on a Sunday, as most money, least childcare to pay. He admits that those days were terrible. Made me feel bad. So it would be Tuesday/weds to check?

Thanks you for replying x

• ash2013
      Participant

Kklost – You can check Monday if Sunday was an issue, its gets into your system pretty quickly. I’d check every 2-3 days to be sure 🙂 and don’t tell him when you’re going to test in case he thinks he can cheat it. Don’t feel bad, if he wasn’t in the spiral of addiction he’d have been able to cope normally, you know, like you probably do every day 🙂

• kklost
    Participant

Thanks I’ll def do that. He seems to have not struggled coming off it. I don’t know whether he is good at hiding it. He certainly seems a lot more him today. He’s def tired still.

• dot
    Participant

I’d suggest doing monday as well. Mix it up though because he will notice patterns of days. Monday morning and even do a night one if hes acting weird. And I’d suggest a third because if you did Monday and Thursday it would leave Friday as the gap. I drink alot of fruit juices not from concentrate. It will help him recovering and also vitamins!!

And the mum within reason doesn’t want it anymore. We have been together 9 years with 4 kids. She has no remorse for addiction what so ever. I’m not gonna sit and plead as I was horrible the past 6 months in the midst of addiction.

Mood swings, calling her names, lies deceit. I even cheated on her once. Then paranoia. Irrational behaviour the list goes on. I never got violent with her but I was sharp with my tongue blaming her for my insecurities. Few weeks ago she wanted me out. She told me she was seeing someone else so I wasnt happy but it was to get me out the house and make me leave. I woulda been homeless so refused and said I’d leave the Monday. (This was Friday night few weeks back) I said can I go out am angry and struggle with emotions just in the respect of how I feel within myself. I raged out and took the car which am not insured on so she rang police to force me out. That was the last day I touched it. I “killed” the old me in that prison cell.

Now obviously she will be working with police mental abuse workers who will help her but theres 2 sides to every story she did enable and also abuse me herself with words but yeah I cabt throw blame around it’s all because of what I out up my nose.

I’m on day 16. It’s a start but I just know I am done with it. She wont ever believe me and she wont get support to understand what it’s like as a user to see our side as well. I cant tell her what to do am not like that. She letting me contact and see the kids etc. Like she said am a good dad and never would stop me. At first I was on bail so couldn’t speak to her or the kids.

Got out that prison cell and was homeless. In 16 days I’ve

Sorted my debts out that I accrued while using put things in place

Living in a hotel council have activated my bidding so should be housed soon

Engaged with drug services over the phone am going in Tuesday to start an action plan.

Been approved for an apprenticeship in september

Sorry it’s so long but yeah I literally had everything lost. The old me died in that cell. I came down in there it was horrible but I’m doing it. Just needed the kick up the ar** I guess.

I would have never changed ever if this didnt happen and that’s my opinion so I don’t resent her. It hurts but its getting alot easier for me now

I hope you find a solution but that’s my insight to my use. Each story’s different

• ash2013
    Participant

Wow, you’ve done amazing. Its great that you have seen the light, so to speak

Sometimes you need to hit rock bottom before you see things clearly enough to realise that life has to change right.

I’m not a drug addict, but I do smoke. On that basis, I can see how difficult it would be to give up. My husband has depression, is on medication and it makes him flat, he started doing coke again to get a good feeling, but after a while you end up using to feel normal, you don’t even feel good. I’ve lived as the parter of a drug addict for 15 years now, on and off, and when its on its the worst life, that when he’s clean its amazing (even though to others it probably just looks ‘alright’) You start to take all the positives with massive appreciation, because the bad is downright awful.

Keep on keeping on Daz 🙂

• kklost
    Participant

Gosh I admire you honesty so much! It’s incredible and what a bloody mess you have created.

But you are aware, you can tell that by your words.

No way should she take you back, but you should want to go back. You can’t.

A prison cell must have really shaken things up. But like you say you have got apprenticeships sept and a roof over your head (ok not where you want to be!) so it’s day 16, imagine what you can achieve by day 365!!! Keep going!!!

• dot
    Participant

Yes I cant go back and am realising I dont actually deep down want too. Thankyou for the kind words and support it means alot

• giannou
    Participant

Apologies I am not sure how to delete posts and didn’t realise what this forum was for, I just followed a Google link

• PattyFalcon
    Blocked

I can imagine how stressful and upsetting this situation must be for you. It’s natural to feel concerned when things seem out of the ordinary, especially regarding your partner’s behavior.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.