Cocaine

4 replies

Cocaine

Seriously need help or answers can cocaine make people act like they hate you. My partners was in court last wk I feel he’s been off with me for the last two yrs this is when I believe his addiction got worse. He ended our relationship last wk said his antidepressants makes him feel different towards me and that it’s over. My hearts broke in bits I love him but I’ve been lied to so much he sayssaid doesn’t hate me but acts like he does since he went to court last wk he’s a changed man again

• myfamily
    Participant

Cocaine is a horrible drug. My partner of 8 and a half years had been taking cocaine!! He was depressed and on anti-depressants. He has lied, cheated, disappeared for days on end. I have always been supportive. But now i know the truth about the effects of cocaine. It makes them selfish, withdrawn, and eventually they loose themselves. You may try and save them, make everything better for them for a while. They can only help themselves be better. I have lost myself along the way. You become so consumed with making it better for them that you stop concentrating on you. Write down the pro’s and con’s of the relationship. Think about what he does for you and what you do for him. Is it balanced? Only you can decide what your future looks like. I wish you all the best.

• tanga8
    Participant

It’s truly awful he’s ended it with me has said some truly awful things and what hurts the most he’s carrying on as if a 22 yrs relationship meant nothing to him I feel like the biggest piece of crap

• myfamily
    Participant

Sorry to hear that. You sound like all you’ve done is be supportive. Just try and find ways to focus on yourself. At least if he does come back you will be stronger. Cocaine changes everything about a person. It makes them loose their values and spiral out of control when they become addicted. It’s sad to see and be a part of. Try and find a support group for families of addiction. It might help see that other people have similar stories.

• tanga8
    Participant

Yeah he keeps saying it’s not the drugs he just doesn’t love me anymore that he hasn’t changed he seems fine with others just me but the others he’s with all take it. He is still here but makes it very obvious he doesn’t want to be even asking me last nite if I had anywhere to go so he didn’t have to sit with me. Said we will have a conversation on the second may this is the day he says he’s leaving. Said it’s not about the kids it’s me but he’s not bothering much about them either just fakes it with them. Just makes me wonder if it is his drugs doing it or if it just gives him the guts to say what he really feels

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.